I Heart My Heart

February 7, 2009

February is the month of the heart. We celebrate its ability to love, to ache and to heal. We also celebrate its vitality and strength through raising awareness about keeping it healthy. The American Heart Association is leading the way in promoting heart-healthy lifestyles and is the impetus behind the Go RED for Women campaign.

Heart disease is the number one killer of women, and it nearly took my mom's life. Four and a half years ago, my mom suffered a heart attack and underwent triple by-pass surgery. She survived thankfully, but is still struggling with health issues. To honor her and raise awareness about this disease, I am walking in my hometown's Heart Walk event. If you are interested in joining the fight to beat heart disease, please take a moment to visit my Heart Walk personal donation page to read my story and contribute to the cause of keeping hearts healthy.

Start loving your heart today!
Teekay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller