Party Dress for Less

July 27, 2007

I'm turning 30 in a week, so what better way to celebrate my foray into a new decade than with a party dress. Fall styles seems to be emphasizing classic and colorful pieces, and these two dress are saturated in both. The first is a beautiful Oscar de la Renta fuchsia dress that costs about two months salary for most young women. However, the second dress is an extremely affordable Isaac Mizrahi for Target dress that plays on a brilliant fall color and the classic style of the designer dress. Here's to my 30s, and the hope that maybe at some point in my new decade I can afford a designer party dress to ring in my 40s!

Designer Look

Faille Dress, $3,950, Oscar de la Renta



Very Prive Patent Pump, $770, Christian Louboutin



Bargain Look

Trapunto Dress, $49.99, Isaac Mizrahi for Target



Opaque Tights, $8.90, DKNY



Signature Fixation, $28.50, Naturalizer


Totals
Designer Look: $4720
Bargain Look: $77.39

2 comments

  1. I need to find a turning 30 / going to Vegas dress. The Bargain dress is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you create a jar and put all your change in it for the next ten years, you'll be able to buy a designer dress for when you turn 40.

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller