Fall Finds: Part 2

November 8, 2010

I had another successful shopping excursion to Anthropologie a few weeks ago. I had been wanting to get this jacket for a few months after doing a post about it and thought it would be a nice treat for myself to get it.



Unfortunately, when I tried it on, it just didn't look right on me.  The ruffles sat weirdly on me -- sticking straight out instead of lying more flat like it looks in the photo. But, lucky for me, my mom's eagle eye had picked out another cute jacket I had glossed over because I didn't think it was "right" for me. To appease her, I figured I'd try in on. And, I'm glad I did. It looked great on me and totally had that stylish military theme going on. I can't wait until it gets a bit cooler here in Phoenix so I can start wearing it with some dark wash jeans, trousers or a black pencil skirt (Note to self: get black pencil skirt.)






I also bought a couple other tops that evoked the sailor/sailing trend popular right now. One is a classic navy and white striped t-shirt that was only $10! I actually thought it was going to be more since the price tag showed $19.99, but it was my lucky day when I went to pay and the sales clerk told me it was actually only $9.95. Don't you love moments like that? 

 Striped Boat-neck T-Shirt, $9.95


The other top is another striped one -- a cute yellow and white striped cardigan/sweater with some rope-like detailing on the front. Very chic to wear with just about anything and still appropriate, I think, to wear in this transition months before winter. (I always like to wear color year round.)


Loose Lines Cardi, $29.95


In the end, the total for all three tops were as much as that initial jacket I was dying to have. So, I'd say it was definitely another delightful trip to my all-time favorite store. Yippee!

1 comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller