Shoes Over Troubled Waters

January 5, 2011

Shoes to me are like that bridge over troubled waters -- they are on my side, when times get rough and friends just can't be found.

Despite the fact that I'm being slightly hyperbolic, shoes do make me happy. They are like wearable sculptures. And, when I'm feeling a little down in the dumps, seeing a beautifully crafted shoe puts a smile on my face.

Here is one such pair that I happened upon while perusing Neiman Marcus's online shoe collection. Its gravity defying elegance was so captivating that I instantly perked up and started fantasizing about wearing them.

 Button Calf Sandal, Versace, $795

Ah, but alas the reality of my pocketbook brought me back to Earth to search for just as chic sandals at a fraction of the cost that will still give me that much needed bit of happiness.


Enning, Nine West, $89; McCorkle, Aldo, $55

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller