Motown Madness

March 22, 2011

I'm obsessed with Cee Lo's newest hit song "Forget You" (or if you'd prefer the actually title, "F**k You"). I'm a huge fan of the great Motown groups of the 60s, and this song totally reminds me of that musical style, but with a great new modern twist to it.


So, after watching the video about a million times (okay, so it was more like ten), I finally thought, hey, I need to do a blog post on Motown fashions. You know what I'm talking about -- the matching glamor gowns and tight shift dresses that all the great girl groups of the 60s wore. Well, here's my take on those looks with a modern twist. And I must say, the best online store for a modern twist on these looks is ModCloth. They've got a huge -- I mean HUGE -- selection of dresses that run the gamut of retro styles and all are at really reasonable prices.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives