Etsy-a Great Find

September 3, 2009

If you haven't yet heard of the handcrafter's marketplace called Etsy, then I beg of you to visit the Web site immediately and peruse the countless hand crafted jewelery, clothes, art pieces, furniture and antiques that populate this wonderful collection of people's varied talents. And, because there is so much to view, the site designers have added some very functional features for discovering the many treasures that can be found there.

In my curious visits to the Editors' Picks, Gift Guides and Featured Artists, not to mention the daily newsletter of themed finds, I have come across some one-of-a-kind pieces that are affordable and memorable. It's also a bonus helping out independent artists and designers. I always imagine how happy they must be for every purchase; knowing that someone wants their creation.

In an effort to promote independent labels, I'll be doing a few series of blogs highlighting some great pieces I've discovered on Etsy.

First up, a Fall preview of cozy sweaters & stylish jackets.


Sapphire Blue Cowl, $55, Replicca; I need a flower Shrug, $84, Laslopezlas; Rosemont Sweater, $145, LittleHouses


Goldsboro Jacket, $140, LittleHouses; Unusual Coat, $199, Agnieszka Swiatly;

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller