Decorating for Less: Part One

January 31, 2010

The new year always makes me think about all the things that I would like to accomplish during the year. This year in particular, I've been thinking about all the home improvement projects I'd like to do. So over the next few weeks and months, I'll be writing about some of my decorating ideas, and how to accomplish them for less.

First up: my bedroom. Over the last year, I had been mulling over the idea of getting a new bed. The one I currently have is decent, although maybe a little dated, but it doesn't really go with the look I'm trying for in my bedroom. I've got the whole shabby chic decor going on, and I've been wanting to get either a white iron bed frame or step it up a notch and a get an upholstered headboard. The iron beds are fairly inexpensive, whereas the upholstered ones can be quite pricey. I did a little Web surfing, and found a few affordable options that I could certainly be happy with.

Inspiration Piece
Hoffman Bed, Room & Board, $1299


Bargain Beds
Iron Beds

Leirvik, IKEA, $99; Savannah Bed, Pottery Barn, $599

Upholstered Beds

Vanvik, IKEA, $399; Jensen Headboard, Ethan Allen, $649

No comments:

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives