Happy Thanksgiving!

November 26, 2008

On a day where we give thanks for the goodness in our lives, I thought it would be appropriate to express my gratitude for the things I am thankful for. Neither shoes nor the perfect dress, the best bargain or the last minute deals, are what makes me thankful. It's what some may think of as insignificant or mundane -- the simple things in life that we all take for granted. Music, children's laughter, a fresh pot of coffee, the unconditional love from a dog, clean air, unexpected compliments, pickles, my faith, recycling, John Cusack movies, nonconformists, happy hour, apple pie... and the list can go on and on.

But above all, I am most thankful for the one thing that inspires me to be a better person: HOPE. More importantly, the ability to hope, to hope for things that can make our lives and those around us better. And this year in particular, all of us in America and around the world were given a chance to see what that little word can do for the spirit of humanity. We witnessed for the first time in American history two women and a black man break barriers and give everyone a sense of hope that no matter who you are, where you come from or what color your skin is, you can be anything you hope for. And for that, I am immensely thankful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives