NY Fashion Week: Part 1

September 19, 2010

New York's Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear Fashion Week has come and gone, and as someone who loves to look at the glitz and glamor of designer duds but who rarely indulges in them, I took a moment this weekend to peruse the multitude of fashion show slide shows on www.style.com.

Of the shows I looked at, a few things became abundantly clear -- the minimalism of the 90s is back, as is sheer tops and dresses, and muted, neutral colors. Another big trend seems to be a resurgence of the 70s look -- bohemian-inspired maxi dresses and loud prints.

There were some standouts in my fashion opinion. Since I tend to gravitate towards more refined, girly and sophisticated looks,  the simpler or more eclectic designers didn't really intrigue me, although the African-inspired prints and intermix of patterns front L.A.M.B were fun. And, I also liked the luminous colors that Marc Jacobs and Carlos Miele used in their designs -- when I think of Spring, I think the rebirth of color, not blah nude, beige and white.

So, here is Part 1 of some of my favorite finds during my scavenger hunt for fashion. Unfortunately, I can't offer any bargain alternatives, since opulent fashion begets economical fashion, and most of these styles won't hit stores for awhile.  I will, however, try in earnest to scour the web for some fabulous bargain chic styles in the weeks to come.  But, in the meantime, enjoy these finds and get ready for the trends to take shape.

L.A.M.B, Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Marc Jacobs, Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

Carlos Miele, 201 Spring Ready-to-Wear 

All photos are from www.style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives