NY Fashion Week: Part 3

September 24, 2010

So, while looking through the hundreds of pictures of different fashion shows, I noticed quite a few attempts at bringing back the MC Hammer pants of the early 90s. Okay, so they aren't really calling them MC Hammer pants -- rather harem pants -- but to me, whenever I see them, all I hear in my head is the song "U Can't Touch This."

Despite the prevalence of MC...ahem...harem pants on the runways, I did come across a few pant looks that I would feel comfortable wearing out in public, without the sudden urge to do the crab dance.  Here are just a couple of the looks I found the most enticing -- slim cropped pants, high-waisted pants, both satiny in bright, bold colors.  Enjoy!

Diane von Furstenberg, Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear


 Monique Lhuillier, Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives