I'm Too Sexy For This Cold

September 11, 2010

I'm in the midst of a cold -- a stuffy nose, plugged ears, sore throat and coughing kind of cold. Yeah, one that knocks you off your four-inch heels and keeps you in bed all day long, watching daytime t.v. and filling up on homemade chicken noodle soup.

But, as I drowned in nose spray and Kleenex, I had a thought. I'll do a post on sexy shoes.

Uh, yeah. What?!

I had to laugh at myself. Sexy shoes? That is so far from how I'm feeling right now. In fact, sexy isn't even in my vocabulary -- sick or not. It's one of those words that people say means many things to different people, but to me, it means "not me." I may be cute or feisty, at best, but sexy, nah -- that just isn't me.

But, then again, maybe "sexy" could be me. I mean, what woman wouldn't feel sexy in a pair of leather, zip-up, stiletto boots (yeah, you might not be able to walk in them, but damn, you'll look good trying!), or in a sophisticated peep-toe pump a la Joan from Mad Men -- she oozes sexiness without even trying. Maybe being sexy is as simple as feeling sexy in whatever you're wearing.

Wow, was that an epiphany or just the realization that, duh, sexiness is relative?

Well, whatever the case may be, here are the inspiration shoes that helped me reach that rather obvious epiphany. Hopefully they can inspire you to find your own sexiness.

Designer Look
Ruched Mid-Calf Zip Boot, Giuseppe Zanotti, $995; Scalloped Patent Pump, Miu Miu, $650.

Bargain Look

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives