Swimming Into Summer

June 3, 2011

We're heading into summer, and here in Phoenix with temperatures finally pushing into the 100s, I can't help but think about the beginning pool season. And if you live near the ocean, then god bless you for the ability to enjoy your summer months on a beautiful beach. Both destinations have their appeal, and both inspire the desire to do some new swimsuit shopping.

There are several great bargain stores that offer tons of swimsuits at great prices: Delias, Gap, Kohl's, Old Navy and Target to name a few.  Plus, you can also find some good sales on swimwear at places like JCrew, Victoria's Secret and most department stores.

Sure, you could go all out and buy a fancy, designer bikini, but really, ladies, why pay an arm and a leg for something that barely covers an arm or a leg? I'm no connoisseur of swimwear: I don't know the complexities of their construction, the subtle details or quality of fabric of high-end swimsuits. But, what I do know is that if I am going to update my swimwear wardrobe on a seasonal basis, I best invest in some reasonably priced swimsuits.

Here are some of my favorite, bargain swimwear finds I've come across so far. Where are your go to places for finding bargains on swimwear?


Clockwise: Crochet-trim dress, Gap, $34.95; Halter Top, $24.50 and Side-Tie Bottom, $19.50, both Delias; Rhinestone Embellished Sandals, Old Navy, $7.99; Halter and Bottom Tankini, Old Navy, $39; Croft & Barrow Solid Floppy Straw Hat, Kohl's, $26; One-Piece Swimsuit with Gold Broach, Target, $29.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives