Starting Over

May 23, 2013

Graduation, May 11,
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ
So, it has been about a year and a half since my last post, and although I eagerly declared back then that I would be changing the direction of the blog and writing about things other than fashion and bargains, I did neither. In fact, I stopped posting all together. The reason? I was working on my Master's degree in English. That meant hanging up my fashion-bargain hat and putting on my academic one instead. I was still writing, though, just not about the latest trends or how to find designer looks for less. Rather, I was writing about literary theories, Greek and Roman Rhetoric, and critical analyses of great literary works.

I am proud to announce, though, that all that hard work and time away from Bargain Chic has paid off -- I graduated a few weeks ago with my MA in English (with distinction, thankyouverymuch).

And because free time doesn't seem to exist in my vocabulary, I thought what better way to keep up my writing skills than to return to my trusty little blog. And, so here I am. Again.

My goal now is to revamp the site. Get a new look. Simplify. Modernize. And regroup. Over the next few days and possibly weeks, I'm going to be shopping around for how to make the blog look better. I may try out a new template, decide it's not what I am looking for, and try another. I may even experiment with my own website design. Just be patient with me, as the site may appear "under construction"  for awhile.

I've decided to keep the general theme of the website intact -- although with a broader focus on bargains that includes, but is not limited to, fashion. I am also entertaining the idea of starting another blog that will focus on topics outside of the bargain/fashion world. And I hope that if -- or when -- that blog gets started, you'll join me over there as well. I'll keep you posted on the 5Ws -- the who, what, when, where, and why of it all. In the meantime, welcome back. Be patient. And stay tuned for some delicious bargains and fantastic finds.

My best,
TeeKay

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives