Awesome Things I Discovered This Week

May 31, 2013

The week has finally come to an end, and even though I only worked four days this week, it seemed like it went on and on and on and on...and on. Despite the laborious length of the work week, it was actually very productive. Here's a rundown of what I did, what I discovered, and what I'll be checking out this weekend:

I've finally transitioned into the digital data-geek world of infographics and found a really cool website that allows you to create them FOR FREE! It is called infogr.am, and they provided the templates, widgets, and spreadsheets to create any number or style of graphics. You can post them to Facebook, Twitter, or embed them onto your website. And although I will mainly use this for work, I will probably, most definitely, try to incorporate it into a blog post here.

A great and momentous moment in broadcast 24-hr news was revealed to me this week via The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Yes, I know, The Daily Show has nothing to do with fashion or bargains, but the laughter evoked by the outstanding humor and satire of it is the best bang for your buck any day of the week! Here's a clip of the gem that had me chucking for quite some time (skip to 3:33 to see what I'm talking about).


The best part of my week is typically Friday, when I know the weekend is right around the corner and the potential for some good...great...awesome sales are on the horizon. In a succinct round-up of weekend sales, here are my top five:
  • LOFT: 40% off all full-priced styles including new arrivals. Online (use code WOW40) and in store.
  • Kohl's: (They are always having sales) But, it looks like this weekend they are having a full store sale with up to 60% off items.
  • Macy's: (It looks like they are extending their sale from last weekend) Super Saturday Sale where you can get and extra 20% off sale and clearance specials with a special Macy's WOW! Pass.
  • Gap: Online only sale on Saturday for 30% off men and women sale items and 25% off maternity, kids, and baby.
  • Piperlime: Up to 40% off dresses and sandals.
And, finally, I will leave you with the most adorable photo of my parent's dog...ever! She is such a hoot, and even has her own blog! Check it out here: The Tails of Missy O'Shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives