A Much Needed Vacation

July 31, 2009

So, my last mini-vacation to San Fransisco wasn't really a vacation -- it was so short and jammed-packed with activities that when I got back home I felt I needed a vacation from my vacation. Well, the time has come for a week of doing absolutely nothing. The last two months have been non-stop for me. Work has kept me extremely busy with late, late nights, into the morning days and weekends spent trying to catch up on lost sleep.

I think it finally hit me early this morning, around 5 a.m., while I sat staring at my work computer wondering when the Legislature -- that which provides me my daily work -- would get their work done. I realized I needed a break. I needed sleep. I needed boredom. I needed to just lay in bed in the morning and watch the entire Today show. I needed to finish the book I've been reading for six months, and start the others I have been wanting to read for the past year. I needed to not blow dry my hair, wear makeup or heels for one whole week. And, I needed to do all this in as little clothing as possible.

So here's my plan. Bikinis all week. Bikinis all under $30. Ahhhh, vacation. Yeah!


From l to r: Old Navy, Target (blue & green bikinis) and Victoria's Secret

And this is where I'll be wearing them...

1 comment

  1. I just love Target bikinis...cheap and super cute! Although Victoria Secrets is having great sales on their swimsuits right now too. Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives