In Memoriam: My Grandma

August 2, 2013

It has been a very difficult month for me and my family. We lost my grandma this week after a month-long struggle after a bad fall. She was such a huge part of my immediate family, and I will miss her dearly. Ultimately, though, I've found comfort in believing that she is in a better place where she is pain free and at peace.

As difficult as this week has been, I was blessed with the task of compiling old pictures of my grandma for a video montage I put together for her funeral. It was magical looking at the pictures of her from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. She had such style and presence -- she was certainly demure looking, but also quite vivacious  -- and she always looked fashionable even though she lived her earlier life in small town America.

In many ways she reminds me of myself. I'm shy and reserved, but my more bold fashion sense usually makes up for it. Like my grandma, I, too, love clothes and accessories, and boy oh boy can I find a good bargain -- a special trait definitely passed down from generation to generation.

So, in honor of my beautiful grandma, here are some pictures that show her style and presence -- two aspects of her that I know will continue to be a part of who I am and who I will become.

I love you and miss you, my dear grandma.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives