Reading is Fundamental

August 18, 2013

I'm a huge bibliophile -- I love books! I wish I was more dedicated to reading more, but after two years of English grad school and a full-time job, I've found myself coming home from work and just wanting to veg out watching t.v. or surf the web.  But reading is always in the back of my mind, and I have a ever-growing list of books that I'd love to crack open. It will happen eventually; I've just got to make it a priority.

In the meantime, though, I have decided to inspire myself to read by printing off some photos of my favorite book covers and framing them for my office wall. It is a cheap, easy and chic way to decorate while also showing off my personality and providing some inspiration. I'm hoping that it will do the trick for me and getting me reading again. And maybe it will also encourage me to pen a few of my own stories.

 

I also found some other cool decorative items on Etsy that any self-proclaimed bookworm or scribe would love to have.

 
Typography Quotation Notecards, HitckcockCreative, Etsy, $28;  Mark Twain Quote Print, RawArtLetterpress, Etsy, $27; "Reading is Cool" poster, DazeyChic, Etsy, $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives