Packing for Paris: Part Two

August 24, 2013

Now that I've got my kicks figured out, I've got to figure out what I'm going to wear to cover my bee-hind. Being that I'll be in Paris and London in early Fall, I'm planning on wearing pants and jeans most days. Although I don't mind skirts or dresses, I typically only wear them for work or church. And since I definitely won't be doing the former and will unlikely be attending the latter, pants will suffice.  I may throw in a dress or skirt just in case I venture out for a little nighttime fun -- which I hope to do at least once (or deux).

For most of the time, though, pants it will be. And by pants, I mean jeans and khakis (or what other people might refer to as chinos or basically cotton pants). What's great is that there are plenty of options to chose from, although it seems most of the world is currently having a love affair with skinny jeans. (I've even seen advertisements for skinny skinny jeans, which leads me to wonder: How much skinnier can jeans get before we just start painting them on ourselves? I mean, come on, unless you have sticks for legs, skinny jeans just become a veritable self-esteem ass kicker.)

Thankfully designers still offer the standard fair of pant shapes -- straight, bootcut, flare, etc. -- and so as to maintain some level of fashionable style, I've decided that the straight and slightly skinny pant that skims the ankles will be my go-to chic pant style for across the pond. I've already got a couple pairs of jeans that fit the bill (although one pair might cause internal damage if I wear them for too long) and at least one pair of khakis that will look great with almost anything I wear. But I'm on the prowl for more! So, here are some recent styles I found while perusing my usual fav stores.

 1. Chino Trousers, Land's End, $59; 2. Houndstooth Trousers, Zara, $79.90; 3. Slim Ankle Pant, Banana Republic, $89.50; 4. Straight Leg Jeans, LOFT, $69.50; 5. 1969 Real Straight Jeans, Gap, $69.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives