Thanks & Gratitude

November 27, 2013

Gratitude Image
Looking back on 2013, I am astounded by all the things I am eternally thankful for. And being that Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I thought I would spend some time expressing my gratitude for all the little to big things that have occurred over the last 11 months. It’s amazing, really, how delightful this particular year has been. From finishing my Master’s degree in English (a goal that I have been pursuing for quite some time now) to visiting the magical and inspiring Paris and London to just recently reconnecting with a friend (+) who has awakened my mind, heart, and spirit, I’ve been blessed with quite the robust and lively year.

But even if those things hadn’t happened this year, there are still those minor everyday moments that I’m grateful for – an unexpected compliment from a co-worker, a stranger’s smile, a silly conversation with a friend, or a fun movie-dinner-night with my sister. It’s those things – combined – that have made the year full of meaning and grace.

And even when life unexpectedly brought me sadness, I tried my hardest to look for a glimmer of hope and gratitude that could buoy my soul when it needed it most. Losing my grandmother this summer was difficult, but what kept me afloat and resilient was knowing that we were all there with her near the end, kissing her, telling her how much we loved her, and keeping her memory alive. And now, with her soul firmly in the ether of heaven, I am grateful her spirit lives on in my dreams and in my heart.

So, here we are – Thanksgiving 2013. And, I am grateful – grateful for the insignificant moments, the milestone moments, the melancholy moments, and most importantly the hopeful moments that remind me how thankful I am to be surrounded by amazing family and friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

And, just for some giggles, here are a few poignant, silly and outright random excerpts from my personal gratitude journal.
Gratitude for 1.7.13: I am grateful for love. Despite feeling lost and confused in this emotion, I readily allow it to enter my mind and soul as a hope and continually have faith that I will find it, whether through someone or more importantly in me.
Gratitude for 2.22.13 & 2.23.13I am grateful for patience and keeping my mouth shut. 
Gratitude for 3.26.13I am grateful I was raised to stand up for what I believe in and not be afraid to express it. 
Gratitude for 5.14.13 & 5.15.13I am grateful that I enjoy cooking and, well…eating.
Gratitude for 7.4.13I am grateful for the simple joy of saying “I love you” and hearing someone say it back. 
Gratitude for 10.18.13I am grateful I didn’t get a ticket for talking back to a traffic cop today. 
Gratitude for 11.5.13I am grateful for unexpected things in life.

1 comment

  1. 10/18/13 didn't happen because of 3/26/13 :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Search This Blog

Words to Inspire

"One cannot consent to creep when one has an impulse to soar." ~Helen Keller

Archives